Dismissal of students who meet the terms of dismissal
Terms of Dismissal
- Failure to return from absence
- Failure to return from absence without sufficient cause within three weeks of expiration of a leave of absence
- Failure to return after the leave of absence period has completed.
*Leave of absence period for undergraduates: three years
- Note: It is four years in the case of students in the five-year architecture design and three semesters for students transferring their junior year
- Failure to register: Failure to pay tuition or other costs within the fixed deadline
- Academic Probation:
- Three consecutive academic warnings (GPA below 1.60)
- Three repeats (Applicable to the College of Medicine)
- A readmitted student on academic probation after having been dismissed for reasons of three consecutive academic probations, or dismissed/withdrawn for two consecutive academic probations and another term of dismissal.
- Expiration of attendance years
- General: Eight years (eight years for the College of Medicine, 10 years for the five-year architecture design, 12 semesters for College of Pharmacy)
- Students transferring in their junior year: Four years
- Double Majors, International Students: Nine years (five years for double majors transferring in their junior year)
* International Students: Overseas residents of Korean descent or foreigners who have completed 12 years of primary and secondary education abroad; Students with two parents who are both foreigners; and North Korean defectors.
- Probation (Dismissal owing to disciplinary measurespunishment)