- Course registration period: February and August
- Confirmation and drop/add period : First five days of each semester
- Withdrawal Period : From five to six weeks from the first day of school (before midterms)
- Credits per Semester
|Division||Registering Credits||Extra Credit Registration|
|Full-time Students||1 ~ 18 credits||1. If the major (department) curriculum exceeds 18 credits, students may register for the extra credits they require.
2. First-year students admitted after 2002 may register for 19 credits during their first and second semester.
(First-year students in the College of Law may register for 19 credits their first semester only).
3. Students with at least a 3.75 GPA for the previous semester (excluding foreign exchange semesters) may register for a maximum of extra credits for a total of 21 credits or fewer.
|Second Bachelor's Degree Students||1 ~ 21 credits||Registration of maximum 21 credits regardless of major (department) curriculum|
|Transfer Students||1 ~ 18 credits||Same registration and major (department) curriculum as full-time students|
|Combined Undergraduate and Graduate Program (including future students)||1 ~ 21 credits||Registration for a maximum of 21 credits|
Confirmation and Changes
- Students should check at the beginning of the semester for any errors in their course and division numbers.
- Students should note changes in the newly confirmed schedule at the beginning of the semester and edit their schedule online after meeting with the academic advisor.
- Procedure : Ewha Portal Information System → Intranet → Registration/Chapel → Course Withdrawal *Enter course and division number and click on "request withdrawal".
- Grades for withdrawn courses will not be included in a student's GPA.
- Students may not withdraw from all their courses. (Must remain registered for at least one course.)
- A. Students are given one seat for a fixed day by college and class year through their eight semester.
* Returning students, students in or past their ninth semester, transfer students, and readmitted students must request seats.
- B. Changing Chapel days and repeats
- Who : Students who wish to change their designated day or who hold incomplete chapel credits from the previous semester.
- Dates : Course Registration and Drop/Add Periods
- Registration : Ewha Website → Course Registration (http://sugang.ewha.ac.kr)
- C. Making up chapel absences during the semester (Per day)
- D. Changing Chapel days and repeats
- Dates : Registration is available from two weeks prior to the make up day. One request per week only.
- Registration : Ewha Portal Information System → Intranet → Registration → Chapel Credit Registration → Make-up Day
- Up to two make-up days per semester per credit
Summer/Winter Semester Course Registration
Dates and Procedure
- A. Semester Session and Registration Dates
- Summer Semester : June - July (Registration : May)
- Winter Semester : December - January (Registration : November).
- B. Procedure
- Confirm course title, credits, schedule, and registration on the Ewha website.
- Register for courses during the registration period through the online course registration system.
- Pay tuition
- C. Course Cancellation/Changes:
- Cancellation/Change should be made through the Ewha website within the deadline. Changes can be made only for courses worth the same number of credits.
A Maximum of six credits allowed per semester for students in attendance; A maximum of three credits per semester for students on a leave of absence.
- Even if a student takes a course and passes the exam, credits are not given if the student did not register through the online course registration system.
- Students who fail to attend a class for which they registered online will be given an F. Taking the same course through a different division than the one for which they registered will also result in an F.
- Students graduating in the same semester may only register for summer/winter Semester I. Students registering for summer/winter Semester II must wait to graduate.