The graduate school of Ewha is evolving into a research-oriented university on par with international standards and striving to become a leading intellectual female community. We seek to improve research results by attracting world-renowned professors, increasing manpower for research assistance, and conducting active research in our laboratories.
The partnership between academia, research and industry, both domestically and abroad, helps us to secure external resources and sustain continuous investment and maintenance of the school's basic structures, including our facilities and establishments. The credit exchange program with the graduate schools of Yonsei, Sogang University and Seoul National University, complements the faculty and facilities of each school, while also simultaneously contributing to an open and collaborative academic environment.
As of April 2013, the graduate school at Ewha offers 6 divisions and 60 departments (66 in total) for master's programs, 6 divisions and 59 departments (65 in total) for doctoral programs, 6 combined programs between departments (6 for doctoral programs), and 21 programs partnered with academia, research and industry (21 for doctoral programs). As of April 2013, there were 2,071 students in master's programs and 997 in doctoral programs (including combined programs).
|1950.06||Authorized to establish the graduate school|
|1972.03||Launched a credit exchange program with Sogang and Yonsei Universities.|
|1994.10||Established academia and research cooperation for master's and doctoral program.|
|1996||Combined master's and doctoral program|
|2007.09||Established a credit exchange system with Seoul National University|
The aim of education
Ewha aims to provide an education based on the truth, goodness and beauty of the Christian religion, nurturing the world's most outstanding women leaders who can contribute to the development of our nation and the human society.
To this end, Ewha's graduate school has defined the following goals:
- Teach academic theories and technical knowledge required for a professional scholar of international standards.
- Foster creative and critical research abilities for unique knowledge to contribute to the development of mankind's culture.
- Nurture leadership that is based on Christianity in academia and research, to become front runners in the society and the intellectual community.
Humanities and Social Sciences
- Korean Language & Literature
- Chinese Language & Literature
- English Language & Literature
- French Language & Literature
- German Language & Literature
- Christian Studies
- Art History
- Political Science & International Relations
- Public Administration
- Library & Information Science
- Social Welfare
- Consumer Studies
- Women's Studies
- Child Development
- North Korean Studies
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Educational Technology
- Special Education
- English Education
- Department of Social Studies Education
- Korean Education
- Communication Disorders
- Business Administration
- International Office Administration
- Music Therapy
- Chemistry & Nanoscience
- Life Sciences
- Division of Life & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Industrial Pharmaceutical Science
- Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Health Education & Management
- Nursing Science
- Nutritional Science & Food Management
- Division of Eco Science
- Medical Sciences
- Bioinspired Science
- Brain & Cognitive Sciences