As one of the first to offer pharmacy education in Korea, the College of Pharmacy has consistently ranked among the top pharmacy schools in the nation and we’ve established a first-class reputation among all the pharmacy schools in Korea. Our alumnae have long contributed to the advancement of the principles, sciences, and practice of pharmaceutical care.
The College is dedicated to graduate students working as pharmacists who understand and advance the principles and sciences related to the development, manufacturing, distribution/marketing, and therapy related to medication. Graduates of Ewha’s College of Pharmacy are prepared to serve their communities and society as professional leaders. As we are on the verge of the new and promising era, the College strives to maintain and enhance its excellence in teaching, research, and public service.
|Founded as the Department of Pharmacy under Hangrimwon
|Launched a master's program
|Reformed as the Department of Pharmacy in the College of Pharmacy
|Founded Affiliated Medicinal Herb Garden
|Launched a doctoral program
|Established the Department of Industrial Pharmacy to meet demands of the rapidly evolving pharmaceutical industry
|Founded Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
|Founded Affiliated Animal Research Facility
|The College of Pharmacy opted to run collegiate programs of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences
|Integrated the two departmental programs into a single pharmacy program
|Selected for BK21 Program (continue until now)
|Changed the academic system to a 6 year (2+4) program
|Founded Pharmacy Healthcare Communication Center
|Launched Graduate Program for Industrial Pharmaceutical Science
|Selected for CK II Program
|Celebrated the 70th anniversary of foundation
|Selected Industrial Pharmaceutical Science of Graduate School Program
The Aim of Education
The College of Pharmacy aims to educate and train qualified pharmacists who can provide pharmacy-related multidisciplinary service and contribute to the health and welfare of humankind.
Our specific objectives are to:
- Nurture students to master basic sciences related to pharmaceuticals and foster knowledge required for better pharmaceutical care.
- Educate students to learn fundamental principles essential for drug development, dosage formulation, and manufacturing/quality control of medicinal products.
- Produce well-trained pharmacists who can not only advance pharmacy sciences but also serve the evolving needs of society by delivering excellent pharmaceutical care.
- Cultivate students’ professional ethics, dedication and commitment essential for improving humankind’s health and social welfare.
Research Organizations & Centers
- Affiliated Institute: RIPS (Research Institute Pharmaceutical Science)
- Affiliated Facility: PHC (Pharmacy Healthcare Communication Center)