In order to meet the increasing need for continuing dental education due to enhanced national welfare policies and globalization of the medical services market, Ewha GSCD provides training to female dentists in hospitals and general dental practice. After undergoing further training and education, our students develop into specialists who can contribute to the development of specialized oral health management and the improvement of public health.
|Established the Ewha Graduate School of Clinical Dentistry.
|Established the Department of Clinical Oral Health Science.
The aim of education
- A. The educational objective of Ewha GSCD is to train qualified dental professionals with expertise and skill in their respective areas of specialization. Our specific goals are to:
- 01 Develop and provide training in theoretical aspects, clinical techniques, and procedures for the restoration of missing teeth using implant dentures and maxillofacial prosthodontics.
- 02 Provide training in and develop clinical expertise and techniques regarding functional prosthodontics and oral reconstruction to treat or correct appearance, masticatory function, and speech problems arising from loss of teeth, maxillary bone, or surrounding oral tissue.
- 03 Research, develop, and provide clinical training in orthodontics for professional diagnosis and treatment of irregularities of teeth, jaws, and facial contours, as well as osteoplasty for orthognathic deformities.
- 04 Develop and provide training in the latest theories, clinical techniques, and procedures regarding preventive and therapeutic oral health care and preventive orthodontic treatment for children from infancy through adolescence including pediatric behavior management, intensive dental treatment under general anesthesia, oral management of children with mental disabilities, and dental treatment of patients hospitalized with systemic diseases.
- 05 Develop and provide training in the latest theories and clinical procedures regarding the diagnosis of periodontal diseases, the transplantation and reconstruction of the periodontium, pre-prosthetic periodontics, treatment of periodontal diseases associated with orthodontic treatment, maintenance of dental implants as well as periodontal management of patients with systemic diseases.
- 06 Research, develop, and provide training in professional diagnosis and the latest treatment techniques and procedures regarding temporomandibular disorders, salivary gland diseases, neurological diseases, oral mucosal and soft tissue diseases, and oral tumors.
- B. To provide advanced education to dental hygienists to help dental specialties and to promote a post-graduate training & research for better dental care.