The Graduate School of Teaching Foreign Languages was established to train language education specialists capable of effectively teaching foreign languages. With Ewha Womans University’s rich history and experience in teaching foreign languages, the programs have been developed by leading educators in the field.
The TFL (Teaching Foreign Languages) programs are designed to enable students to learn about various perspectives in language teaching and to gain hands-on experience in a meaningful and optimal learning environment. This includes working with various educational institutions at Ewha Womans University such as the kindergarten, elementary, middle and high schools as well as the Language Education Center.
The Graduate School of Teaching Foreign Languages offers a dual master’s degree program in partnership with renowned programs overseas. The program provides students with credit transfer options with such outstanding institutions as the University of Hawaii at Manoa (Second Language Studies) and Peking University. With various workshops and special lectures by well-known professionals and scholars from all over the world, the programs will broaden and enrich the perspectives of many participants.
|Established the Graduate School of TESOL.
|Expanded and restructured the department - Departments of TeCSOL (Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages) and TKSOL (Teaching Korean to Speakers of Other Languages) established.
|Increased admissions quota to 85.
As the world becomes more interconnected, knowing foreign languages is more important than ever. The Graduate School of Teaching Foreign Languages (TFL) at Ewha Womans University was established to cultivate foreign language education specialists with the following objectives in mind:
- 01 Developing abilities to teach foreign languages based on an understanding of various language teaching methods.
- 02 Researching how learners acquire and use foreign languages.
- 03 Helping students learn how to learn languages.
- 04 Fostering the capability to choose, develop, and evaluate courses and materials to teach foreign languages.
- 05 Developing a good sense of appropriate age and proficiency levels in planning foreign language curricula.
- 06 Building language teachers' expertise in classroom management through hands-on teaching experience.
Master's Degree Programs