Skip to content




Notice for International Students

[Incoming/Exchange/Visiting] Alien Registration On-Campus Service

Guide on Application for Alien Registration 

On-Campus Service


To reside in Korea for more than 3 months, you must apply for an alien registration card within 90 days of arrival in Korea. Accordingly, Global Service Center (GSC) is going to provide Alien Registration On-Campus Service. For those who would like to apply for an alien registration card, please submit all the required documents to GSC. Once your registration is confirmed in about 3 weeks, you should visit the Immigration Office to register your finger print and pick up the alien registration card by yourself.


Eligibility: Both Degree-seeking and Exchange/Visiting Students with D-2 Visa

* Students with other visa types must visit the Immigration Office for alien registration by themselves



  Pre-Registration: Please submit Google Docs!

For Degree-Seeking Students, Click below:

For Exchange/Visiting Students, Click below:

* If not pre-registered, you cannot apply for alien registration on-campus service.


 Pre-Registration Period: February 24th, 2016 (Wed) ~ March 8th, 2016 (Tue)

 Date & Time of Alien Registration On-Campus Service: March 9th, 2016 (Wed) 10AM~12PM, 1PM~4PM

  Venue: ECC B337

  Required Documents:

    Application Form (Download Attachment below or visit and check “Alien Registration” on “Select Application” Section)


    Photocopy of Passport

    Photocopy of D-2 visa page on your Passport

    Color ID Photograph (3.5cm*4.5cm) – Check Immigration Office’s Standard

    Certificate of Studentship

      à  Degree-Seeking: Available at Eureka or Student Service Center

      à  Exchange/Visiting: Make an order at OIA

    Medical Certificate issued by Seodaemun Community Health Center within 3 months

      *Students with specific nationality only

    Fee (30,000 KRW): Cash Only

    Bring your Student ID Card

  Check Standard Photo Size of Immigration Office:

  Issuance of Health Certificate for Alien Registration
The Ministry of Justice requires that D-2 visa holders from specific countries submit a tuberculosis Health certificate for alien registration. The requirement applies to the following countries.

Subject (18 Countries):

China, East Timor, Sri Lanka, Russia, Uzbekistan, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Nepal, Indonesia, Pakistan, Mongolia, Bangladesh, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia

Process and Requirements

    Visit Seodaemun Community Health Center

    Submit your ID Photo, Passport, Fee(300 KRW), Medical Certificate form and Register for the examination

    Take the X-Ray Examination for Tuberculosis

    Receive Medical Certificate (It takes 1-2 days)

Seodaemun Community Health Center Location

Address: Yeonhee-road 242, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul

Bus info: Get on at “Ewha Middle School” or “Shin-chon Train Station”

       Get off at “Seodaemun Health Center” Bus stop

       Green Bus: 7017, 567, 7720 or Local Bus: Seodaemun 03 or Blue Bus 153

Recommendations: Use Online map or smartphone app to find directions

▣ Important Notes on the Service

It takes about 3 weeks or longer for the Immigration Office to examine the applications and confirm the registration. Because this is a group-application, it might take longer time. Those who need their alien registration card or passport soon should visit the Immigration office and apply for an alien registration card by themselves. Please make sure to bring all the required documents with yourself. For more detailed information on visa/sojourn regulations, please visit the Immigration Office website ( or call 1345.