Skip to content



About Ewha

Notice for International Students

[Notice] Applying for Alien Registration On-Campus

  1. Guide on Application for Alien Registration On-Campus Service

  3. To reside in Korea for more than 3 months, you must apply for alien registration within 90 days of arrival in Korea. Accordingly, Korea Immigration Service Foundation(KISF) is going to provide the opportunity to apply for Alien Registration On-Campus. For those who would like to apply for alien registration, please submit all the required documents to KISF. Once your registration is confirmed, KISF will notify when you need to go to Immigrations to register your fingerprints. Once your Alien Registration Card(ARC) arrives, GSC will notify when you can collect it.

  4. Eligibility: Degree-seeking Freshmen (Undergraduate, The Graduate School) with a D-2 visa and Exchange/Study Abroad Students with a D-2 Visa 

  1. *Students with other visa types and registered students are NOT eligible.

*Students who have alien registration number are NOT eligible.

*Professional/Special Graduate School Students (including GSIS) are NOT eligible.


Pre-Registration: February 23rd, 2018(Fri)~ March 11th, 2018(Sun)

* ONLY pre-registered students can use alien registration on-campus service.



Date & Time of Alien Registration On-Campus Service

   * Students cannot choose the date.

   * Students cannot reschedule their visit and cannot have service if they visit on the wrong date.

    ■ March 12th, 2018(Mon) 10AM~12PM, 1~4:30PM (Degree Seeking Students)

     March 13th, 2018(Tue) 10AM~12PM, 1~4:30PM (Exchange/Visiting Students)


Place: ECC B337


Required Documents:

  1. 1. Application form (Download from the kisfvisa site)

  2. 2. Passport

  3. 3. Photocopy of passport

  4. 4. Photocopy of D-2 visa page on your passport

  5. 5. Color ID Photograph (3.5cm*4.5cm) ? Check the Immigration Office’s Standard

  6. 6. Certificate of studentship  
    Degree-Seeking: Available at Eureka or Student Service Center 
        (you must have enrolled in health insurance and submit proof to GSC to print out the certificate)     

  7. 7. Proof of Residency

  8. 8. Fee of 40,000 won (cash only)   


▣ Check Standard Photo Size of Immigration Office:


▣ Where to take ID Photo

  1. Ewha Photo Studio: Located near student restaurant lobby at Human Ecology Building (02-3277-4866)

  2. Photo Booth: Located in Ewha Womans University Subway Station


▣ Important Notes on the Service

It takes about a month or longer for the Immigration Office to examine the applications and confirm the registration because this is a group application. Those who need their alien registration card or passport soon should visit the Immigration office and apply for alien registration by themselves. Also, please be aware that your D-2 visa will be automatically expired when you travel out of Korea before receiving your alien registration card. Please make sure to bring all the required documents with yourself and read FAQ (attached) thoroughly. For more detailed information on visa/sojourn regulations, please visit the Immigration Office website ( or call +82-1345.