Skip to content




Notice for International Students

[DEGREE-SEEKING] Undergraduate New Student 2015-1 Course Registration

For Undergraduate New Student


1.Korean Course:

A. Course Registration: New undergraduate student who wish to register for Korean course may upload application form by February 13(Friday) via link provided below.

B. Korean Level Test:

1) Date: February 25(Wednesday) 09:00 – 13:00

2) Venue: Ewha Samsung Education Building Room 103

3) Student who do NOT have to take Korean level test:

A) Student who have acquired TOPIK 3 or above and submitted one’s score to Office of International Affairs

-Submission deadline: February 13(Friday)

TOPIK  Level/ Korean Course Level

Automatic Placement

TOPIK 3/ Korean3

Korean 4

TOPIK 4/ Korean4

Academic Korean1

TOPIK 5/ Academic Korean1

Academic Korean2

TOPIK 6/ Academic Korean 2

Academic Korean2

* Students with TOPIK1, 2 must take Korean level test

B) Student who have taken Korean course in 2014 Fall and passed


C) Students with TOPIK Level 6, in principal, cannot take Korean course because they are evaluated as having language ability that exceeds the maximum level of Korean course offered at Ewha, which is Academic Korean 2. But exception is made for students who must take Korean class and they will be automatically placed to Academic Korean 2 without level test.


2.   Course Registration:

A. Undergraduate Freshmen Course Registration: February 16(Monday) 09:00 – 17(Tuesday) 17:00

* Transfer students: March 2(Monday) 09:00 – 6(Friday) 17:00

B. Add/Drop Period: March 2(Monday) 09:00 – 6(Friday) 17:00 

C. Making your Course Wish List (*): March 2(Monday) 09:00 – 6(Friday) 17:00 

D. Course Withdrawal: March 30(Monday) 09:00 – April 3(Friday) 17:00

E.You may find courses for 2015-1 at: OR (→학사안내(Academics)→강의시간표/강의(Time Table/Course).

*Course Wish List
- A list where you save the list of courses you are interested in and utilize the list during the course registration period (up to 15 courses).
- How to make the wish list: insert course number > click
My Wish List (to delete: click Del)
- Putting courses in the wish list does NOT mean that it is actually registered.
Courses are officially registered only when you register them during the actual registration period.


3.English Level Test:

A. Date: February 25(Wednesday) 15:00-16:00

B. Venue: ECC B146

ü  Division of International Studies students and Transfer students are exempted from the test.

4.    Dormitory Check-in: February 24(Tuesday)


5. New International Student Orientation: Attendance is Strongly Recommended! Provides Necessary Information for University Life.

A. Date: 226() 10:00 

B. Venue: ECC B146

C.To Bring

l  2 copies of ID Picture (Size: 3cm x 4cm)

l  Passport with Visa

l  Alien Registration Card (if you have)


6. Insurance

A. Health Insurance: Having a health insurance that takes effect in Korea is MANDATORY during your stay in Korea to cover for illness or accident.

    - Students that already have an insurance should check the expiry of the insurance and extend or repurchase as needed.

B. Purchasing Health Insurance on Campus: An insurance company will visit Ewha on the dates below. Please drop by the Global Service Center (ECC B329) on the below mentioned date to purchase an insurance or make inquiries.

1) Date: March 3(Tuesday), 4(Wednesday) 10:00 – 12: 00, 13:00 – 16:00 

2) Venue: Global Service Center ECC B329

3) Insurance Fee: Around KRW 170,000 per year

4) To Bring: your passport

5) For students who are unable to make visit during the time: Contact Mr. Woo Byung-Hyun of AIG insurance company, and state that you are a student of Ewha Womans University. 

AIG Mr. Woo Byung-Hyun: OR 010-3099-9883

6) Student may individually purchase national health insurance or other company’s product. But, it should be insurance that takes effect in Korea.

In this case, please submit your insurance certificate that includes insurance period and its coverage to Global Service Center.

Restrictions on students who do not have an insurance at Ewha

- Issuance of all kinds of certificates from the Student Service Center will be blocked (i.e. Certificate of Enrollment which you need in order to extend your visa)

- Not eligible to apply for the International Exchange Scholarships.






7. Student Number
Please wait for further announcement


For Your Information: Campus Map