Main Functions and Instructions
The Ewha Womans University student ID check card is tied to your Shinhan Bank account, and also functions as a prepaid public transport card (T-money card) and proof of identity and verification for electronic attendance, while providing access to university facilities including the library, dormitory, and laboratories.
- 1. Official university ID card: Serves as proof of student status with Ewha Womans University.
- 2. Access to libraries: Used to enter campus libraries, check out library books, and reserve seats at library reading rooms.
- 3. Access to campus facilities: Provides access to computer lounges, 24-hour reading rooms, dormitories, and laboratories.
- 4. Proof of identity and electronic verification of class attendance.
- 5. Prepaid public transport card (T-money): Used for bus or subway rides within the Seoul metropolitan area after a monetary deposit is made.
- 6. Check card: Used as a check card after activation with Shinhan Bank.
New Card / Replacement
- 1. New Card
- A. Eligibility: Incoming undergraduate and graduate students
- B. Fee: Free of charge
- C. Application and receipt: Applications received in February (or August) and cards issued in March (or September)
- D. Application process: See instructions for incoming students
- ※ When semesters are in session, please submit applications to the Student Service Center.
- 2. Replacement
- A. Eligibility: Enrolled undergraduate and graduate students who have lost their student ID check card.
- B. Fee: 5,000 won
- C. Procedure: Report lost card online via EUREKA → Multifunction Card → Visit the Student Service Center → Submit an application form to reissue the ID check card → Obtain a replacement card on the spot
- C. Procedure: Report lost card online via EUREKA →My EUREKA → Visit the Student Service Center → Submit an application form to replace the ID check card → Obtain a replacement card on the spot → Visit Shinhan Bank(Ewha Womans University branch) and have the card activated
- ※ If you would like to change the photo on your card, please bring an ID photo (3x4㎝).
- ※ To use the ID card as a check card, please visit Shinhan Bank(Ewha Womans University branch) with your ID card and have it activated as a check card. You can also apply for a bankbook if needed.
Reporting Lost ID Cards / Cancelling the Report
- 1. Reporting Lost ID Cards : Lost ID check cards must be reported to the relevant school office and bank to prevent misuse.
- A. To suspend a missing ID card: EUREKA → Multifunction Card → Report Lost Student ID Card
- B. To deactivate the check card function: Visit Shinhan Bank or call 1544-7200.
- 2. Cancelling the Report
- A. To cancel suspension of ID card: EUREKA → Multifunction Card → Cancel Lost Student ID Card
- B. To cancel deactivation of the check card function: Visit Shinhan Bank or call 1544-7200