|Int’l Exchange and Study Abroad Program||
Ewha offers a coeducational international program and welcomes all students, both male and female, to study
for one or two semesters as a non-degree seeking exchange or visiting student. This program is open to both
undergraduate and graduate students enrolled as a full-time student in any accredited institution of higher education. There is no language requirement for applicants, but all applicants are required to have a GPA of
Exchange students are those nominated by partner institutions which have formal exchange agreements with Ewha. Visiting students are those from any accredited 4-year institution of higher education, coming to study at Ewha on a fee-paying basis. Visiting students are able to apply individually to Ewha through the OGA by submitting the on-line application along with the required documents.
|September 1 - mid-December|
November 1- 30 of previous year
|March 2 - mid-June|
Step 1. Create an account at the online application site for Exchange or Visiting students at: http://was1.ewha.ac.kr:8320/epas/epas_tsd/
. All applications should be submitted online,
and no paper applications will be accepted.
Step 2. Submit application and upload all documents and materials needed for the application.
Step 3. Receive email notification of approval.
Step 4. Receive the admission packet sent out via express mail.
Step 5. Send checklist and Overseas Health Insurance Certificate.
Step 6. Come to Ewha!
Applying students are to submit the following documents and materials during the online application process. Please be informed that all documents must be prepared in either English or Korean.
* Face photograph. Photographs should be in 3x4 cm size, scanned and saved in a JPG format
* Official Academic Transcript. Transcripts should be scanned and saved in a JPG or PDF format
* Medical Clearance Form. This form is mandatory for those applying for on-campus housing, and is downloadable
at the online application site. Upon completion by a doctor, this form should be scanned and saved in a JPG or PDF format.
* Passport copy. Please copy the first page which has your name and passport number. This should also be scanned and saved in a JPG or PDF format
* Statement of Purpose. This should be typed directly on the online application, and is limited to 1,000 letters. The Statement of Purpose may be written in Korean or English.
* Overseas Health Insurance Certificate. This will be additionally requested upon students' receipt of the admission packet
A valid student visa (D-2) is required for all international exchange and visiting students. Upon acceptance to Ewha, students will be issued an Acceptance Letter and a Certificate of Admission in their admission packets.
The two documents are needed when applying for the D-2 visa. For more information about the visa application process or the nearest Korean Embassy or Korea Consul General, please visit: http://www.mofat.go.kr/
Tuition & Fees
After receiving admission from the Office of Global Affairs, students will be given an invoice at the orientation held before the start of the semester. The invoice will include the tuition fee and other mandatory or optional fees for each individual student, to be paid within one week from the start of the semester. All fees may be paid directly at the OGA office, at the on-campus Shinhan Bank, or through wire transfer. No personal checks or
credit cards will be accepted.
A full refund will be provided for cancellations before the semester starts, 5/6 will be refunded for cancellations made within 30 days, 2/3 will be refunded within 60 days, and 1/3 will be returned within 90 days.
The application fees, however, are not refundable.
|Name of Bank : Shinhan Bank||Bank Account : 100-016-709917|
|Account Holder: Ewha Womans University||Bank Shift Code : SHBKKRSE|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)
||60,000 KRW (waived for exchange students)|
|Tuition (per semester)
||App. 4,000,000 KRW (waived for exchange students)|
|On-campus Health Center Fee (per semester)
||App. 4,080,000 KRW|
|Housing Application Fee(non-refundable)
|Dormitory Housing (per semester)
||Single Rm: App. 2,200,000 KRW|
Double Rm: App. 1,100,000~1,500,000 KRW
* All costs above are subject to change without prior notice.
** Fees will be charged based on Korean Won.
Courses & Registration
Ewha offers a variety of high-quality courses in various fields including studies on Asia and Korea, and almost all courses are open to exchange and visiting students. All exchange and visiting students are required to take a minimum of 9 credits and a maximum of 18 credits per semester.
Students may take courses such as:
* 100~200 courses taught in English offered by Ewha including Art & Design, Art History, Asian Studies, Business, Economics, Geography, Ideology and Culture, International Studies, Korean Studies, Literature, Media Studies, Music, Politics, Psychology, Religion, Social Welfare, Sociology, Women's Studies, and many more.
* Graduate courses offered in English by the Graduate School of International Studies and the School of Business (with permission from the respective professors)
* Ewha Global Online (Ewha GO) courses
* Regular Ewha courses taught in Korean
* Korean language courses offered by the Ewha Language Center
1. Course Offerings Announcement
: Course offerings will be announced about a month before each semester, in early-February for the spring semester, and early-August for the fall semester. Please refer to the course list of the previous year and the same semester, since many of the same courses are offered annually.
2. Course Registration
: Courses can be added or dropped during the "Course Registration Period" at the beginning of each semester by registering courses on the students' online portal site and submitting the "Course Registration Form" to OGA in person by the due date. All registered courses should be approved by each respective course lecturer with their signature during the course registration period (the first week of each semester).
Official Transcripts and Credit Transfer
Official transcripts will be issued upon completion of a semester. Transcripts will be mailed to home institutions for exchange students and to home addresses for visiting students. Please confer with your home university whether it accepts credits from Ewha.